How do I hang kitchen wall unit behind insulated plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Our house is five years old and we have an external wall which on the other side is the garage.

I would like to hang 1x 1000m and 1x 400m kitchen units on the wall, however, the plaster board is 70mm deep with insulation. I am concerned on hanging the units directly on plasterboard, which has been most probably glued on.

I've read people saying you want at least 40mm into the breeze block, but I am concern if I purchase 110m screws they will tighten up and end up not giving support to the unit bracket due to the soft insulation.

Can anybody advise any other method, would a anchor plug work on the plaster board, would they be strong enough?

I was thinking if cutting out the plasterboard and screwing a wooden piece at the area of where the kitchen bracket would be placed and then screwing the bracket onto the wooden piece?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back