Fixing large mirror to chipboard using Adhesive.

t0m

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am removing wardrobe doors, each being 400mm x 2400mm. The plan is to fix 3mm glass sheets to the front of each. Weight is not a problem as each door has four sturdy hinges.

However, I don't really want to see any signs of a physical fixing and so would like to use an adhesive.

The doors are standard chipboard that have laminated surfaces.

Any reccomendations based on experience greatfully received on which adhesive to use. :D

Sponsored Links
Strangley enough "mirrorfix adhesive" is what you want second product down--
http://denbraven.co.za/adhesives.html
What ever you do don't be tempted to use standard mastics, it'll glue it up there for a while but attacks the silvering and the mirror drops off the wall I've seen it happen!

Superb thanks guys, adhesive containing SBR(!) seems the way to go so have ordered from the link above.

Sponsored Links
You can buy mirror fix from Tools direct for £4.55 comes in a tube like your average silicone,so need the gun to put it in.
It is for mirrors up to 6mm thick so you wont have a problem.

Romario

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back