Fixing loo-roll holder to tiled wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may seem a bit trivial but I wonder if anybody can help. I am trying to refix a brass loo-roll holder to a tiled wall. The holder itself is a round piece of brass which is designed to twist and clip on to a bracket and then a small (but wide) grubscrew passes through the roundpiece and is tightened so the hole thing is firmly secure.

The problem is that following retiling the wall I was unable to remove the old grubscrew without burring the head so have had to drill it out. I thought that I would have one somewhere but cannot locate anything similar. The local hardware shop cannot find anything either so I wonder if there is anyway the holder can be attached to the wall ie some type of adhesive. Trouble is the contact area of the round part to the tiled wall is pretty minimal.

I would replace the dam thing but the holder is one of several pieces of matching bathroom furniture.

Sponsored Links
Benny_the_ball-valve said:
so have had to drill it out. I thought that I would have one somewhere but cannot locate anything similar.

Just use a small self tapping screw. I assume the hole is on the underside so its not seen.

Tried that, N, but still can't get anything that is wide enough and with a sharp pointed end (it's the point that digs into the bracket).

How about drilling throught the bracket and tapping both holes and use a standard brass machine screw.

Sponsored Links
Good thinking, NS, but I have got it sorted; I have removed a screw from a plug which seems to work a treat. :) Thanks for your ideas though. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back