Reassemble toilet roll holder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had to have cloakroom redecorated following loo breakdown. They removed loo holder to repaper.
It's strangely complex and I can't work out how to refit it, though screws are in the wall ready for reassembly. The loop thing obviously screws on behind the paper-support-and-flap, and hold it a sufficient distance from the wall. However, I can't slide the support/flap through the loop to screw in, because then then the flap doesn't raise high enough to insert full roll. But I can't screw it with flap hanging over front of loop as it's at a crazy high angle and doesn't rest against the paper. I can see no other way of assembling it.

There's just the holes for both pieces to be screwed in together.

I can't believe it's so difficult! Can anyone else work out how to do it? I've never seen one like it elsewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_4974.JPG
    IMG_4974.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4975.JPG
    IMG_4975.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
You appear to be holding a towel holder, with a toilet roll holder below already fixed to wall?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't the towel rail thing you're holding go on the wall first with big roll holder fixed after it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back