Fixing ply or OSB to concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way of fixing an OSB board or Ply Board to concrete??

Questions welcome but I'd like an answer to mine 1st.

Cheers

Tony.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link, However its not really helped what I need to know.

Can you fix OSB/PLY Board to concrete? On top of roofing felt?

A mate has been asked to quote for a flat roof (he does the EPDM RUBBER) Its about 70 sq mts.....But half of the roof is a concrete roof because it was an old bank vault. The concrete bit has been felted and is in pretty good condition but they want it doing with the rest of the roof which is leaking (also felted) To get a nice job requires some nice flat surface for the EPDM to adhere to I.E. OSB/PLY. Would a Hilti gun fasten the boards??

Ta

you should be able to using screw n plugs but dont be short on the amount.
you could first fix firing strips and create a healthy fall then fix to to strips

Sponsored Links
We did a rubber roof to a huge concrete shed last year (first one we ever did). We put a damp course on the roof, screwed 2x1 beams down with plugless frame fixings countersunk into the beams and then screwed the osb to the beams. As Dave mentioned if there is no fall get some strips made up.

Oh and make sure you have 2 spare drills and 37,000 spare drill bits :eek:

Just re-read your second post. As long as the felt is smooth and flat then yes you could board over it but the proper way would be to take the felt off and board down onto the flat concrete.

Let me know what your mate quotes you as we do a lot of EPDM jobs in Brum. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back