Fixing & positioning Plaster Angle Bead?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope you can help. Despite reading other posts on fixing angle bead nobody seems to have addressed how it is positioned to get a 3mm skim.
I have a newly plasterboard boxed in vertical soil pipe. Using the black plasterboard screws won't be very successful I would think because right on the corner the screws won't reach the batten wood inside, so it ends up spinning in plasterboard. I favour Gripfill, is that ok?

The bigger question is if I push it firmly over the external corner, the bead will be less than 3mm from the surface and the mesh part of the bead will be very close to the plaster skim surface.

So, do I squeeze the angle bead to be less than 90deg before fitting which will push the bead proud, so that I will get a 3mm skim? As stated, the fear is that if I don't do that the skim when level with the bead will be very thin and expose the mesh part, or the plaster won't want to adhere.

Your comments please.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
the fear is that if I don't do that the skim when level with the bead will be very thin and expose the mesh part, or the plaster won't want to adhere.

Your comments please.
Many thanks

Not sure I follow all the detail, a pic may help, but you don't want the mesh part to be grinning through your finish. It looks bad.

Grip fill may be ok, but if you're having to manipulate the bead, then it may not stick it exactly where you want. You may need some additional mechanical fix. I've used small nails or small clout nails before. Think staple guns etc are another option.
You can also use some left over multi finish. If the bag isn't fresh, chances are it will go off faster than fresh stuff too, which can help if you're fixing beads ready to plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back