Fixing posts on steel trellis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
First post so go easy on me.

We are building our backyard from scratch and are in the finishing stages when we came to a small snag...

First, we're building a pergola, trellis, gazebo (whatever you wan to call it) covering the dining area of our backyard. It has pavers underneath with boots around 3 posts, one post going straight into the bar (made of cement).

We installed today and it is only 6.5 Feet tall on the bbq side due to a step, and short overall. Rather than rip up the boot/footings and bbq would it be possible to slide a 5x5 post over the 4x4 posts that already exist making everything 10 feet tall?

My thought was, saw a small edging around the posts and then place the 5x5 posts into place. Then, either fill the inside with foam or cement to make these posts sturdy, like the original posts in the ground.

Let me know if I'm onto something or I'm totally off...

Sponsored Links
...a cement bar, a steel trellis that is also 4x4 that you can saw so is presumably timber, filling the inside of 5x5 with foam - I am trying to imagine these things but would need to know the exact combination of pharmaceuticals which would enable me to do so...
Is it a riddle or a test of some kind? - my brain is hurting.

Sorry to tease you - how about a photo or two?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back