Fixing Rad Brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I\\\'ve got a dry-lined wall with thermalite blocks inside - not very good at taking plugs. Whats the best way of fixing the brackets securely, given that the rad/bracket will be hanging at least an inch from the block cos of the drylining. There\\\'s a cavity between the plasterboard and the wall.

I\\\'m currently planning to use the teachnique I used for the sinks - fix a threaded stud into the block using expoxy resin. But if anyone\\\'s got a better idea ...

Sponsored Links
I put blocks of wood in the wall attached to the Blocks then replasterd over. To give something firm to attach to as even with ancaring though the cavity to the blocks I found that I could not stop the wait of anything over about 2grams :) from breaking the plaster board back into the cavity.

Dave

I would get a block of wood the same size as the rad bracket and roughly the same thickness as the void and the plasterboard combined and the fix through this into the blocks No need to replaster you wont see it anyway

Sponsored Links
Why not drill the plasterboard only, then squeeze some plasterboard adhesive ( or no nails) into the hole which will penetrate into the cavity and make that area solid. When set drill into thermalite block to take the fastening device.
This way you don't need any wood or have to remove any plasterboard.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back