Fixing radiator to an internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently removed my old radiator and replaced this space with french doors. The only place I can now put a radiator is on a stud wall. The radiator I have is 1600x600 (with only two brackets) and really heavy so am worried that this is too heavy for the wall.

Is this radiator too large and heavy for this wall?

Are there any fixings which will hold this radiator (I dont fancy cutting into the plasterboard and putting in noggins)?

What size radiator would hold safely on this internal wall? My bedroom is 4x4m.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Can you locate the studs, and screw brackets into them. The mountings on the back of most rads allow for a few inches of leeway.

Failing that, mount one bracket onto a stud, then noggins for the other one. The plaster repair doesn't have to be the best, as its hidden behind the rad after all. You can go in through the back of the wall if necessary, sandwiching the plaster board between the wood and rad bracket.

Never mount any rads on plaster only. I have mounted very small rads on a stud one end, and toggle plaster board fixings the other, but its not ideal!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back