Fixing shower bi fold door - cant access screws!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am installing a bi fold shower glass door, standard glass door with x2 wall panels/channels that slide over the edges and are secured to the wall. I have put the 2 wall panels into the enclosure, marked and drilled holes then fitted plugs.

The problem is that when i present the door into the enclosure as its walled on either side you have to have the wall panels attached to the main door. I can get it in place no problem lined up with my holes..

Problem is i cant fit a screwdriver to screw the wall panels on with the door in place as its in the way!

Any ideas or tips, i thought of using some sort of ratchet screwdriver but don't think even this would fit in. Surely I am missing something, anyone fitted these before?

Cheers,
Roverblue

Sponsored Links
if it's just a "u" shaped wall channel you fit these channels to the wall first then you fit the doors to them

hi,

yes its a U shaped channel but its not possible to fit these to the wall and then bring in the shower door. Due to the walled enclosure it has to have the wall channels placed on either side with the door off first which is causing me the problem.

Any ideas? I have found a right angled screwdriver so going to attempt that this morning, cue lots of swearing!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
for anyone interested in this, i ended up opening up the drill holes on an angle so that I could fix the screws in. :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back