Fixing through dot and daub plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else double plug the wall and use 3.5 inch screws to fix to heavy things to this kind of wall.

Sponsored Links
Curtain rails and the odd fixing do often get the 3" screw treatment, with a single plug knocked in deep together with a good squidge of gripfill to fill any cavity to prevent long term plasterboard collapse and sagging curtain rails.

Rigifix are the dogs *******s for kitchen cupboards and radiators, anything thats heavy and can hide some big fixings. Once you've used them you won't mind the price quite so much.

Does anyone else double plug the wall and use 3.5 inch screws to fix to heavy things to this kind of wall.
Yes I do sometimes. For kitchen cabinets I cut a section of PB out and fixed a floor board to the wall first. If accuracy is important, IT'S more accurate screwing into plywood than using wallplugs.

I do. And I use Fischer universal plugs for the 'outer' plug. Worth every penny.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back