Fixing Timber frame panels together?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have now built 10 timber frame panels for a toilet building, and will soon be errecting it on-site. I was intending nailing the panels together with 90mm frame nails.

But is it better to bolt them?

Sponsored Links
It is probably better to screw them....... Screws hold the frames together, especially if you intend to transport them. Nailers have a tendency to knock everything out of square and nails can pull-out unless you use ring annulars

At 22p a pop I should hope so! But #10 x 4in (5.0 x 100s) screws are readily removed, too, providing you buy decent quality screws, not TP cr*p, and even Spaxes don't cost that much! Done loads of framing out with them over the years. 6.3mm (#12s) are a bit of an overkill for stud frames, aren't they? Not to mention being a lot harder on your cordless kit.

Sponsored Links
is this going to be a permanent structure?
then as already suggested use screws if its is going to be struck and then re erected elsewhere then i would use bolts/nuts and washers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back