Fixing wooden slats on plasterboard...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We're considering adding vertical oak slats (probably veneered mdf) on a few walls. For illustration purposes I attached a photo of what I'm referring to. I know there are 'acoustic' slat panels (we have samples) but I'd prefer installing individual slats directly to the wall. It's a better look IMO.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to attach the slats on plasterboard so that:

- slats will not fall off with minor impacts & they look good (i.e. no gaps)
- the process of installing is reasonably efficient
- in the future when we decide to remove them the wall will not be destroyed

I'm wondering if I can 'treat' (prime / paint / whatever) the wall before I glue the slats so that when the time comes to rip them out the primer/ paint/ whatever will peel off with the slats rather than bits of plasterboard.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.. any advice?

Thank you!

Attachments

• acupanel_natural_oak_acoustic_wood_panel_showcase_03_v4_1266x1266.jpg
    acupanel_natural_oak_acoustic_wood_panel_showcase_03_v4_1266x1266.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
Double sided tape may work, especially with MDF.

4 or 5 lines across the wall should hold it, as long as its not too thick/heavy.

Fixall
Any fixing method used to fix to plasterboard is likely to damage it on removal .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back