fixings for wall cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i am fixing some cabinets to cavity walls. where possible i will be fixing to the stud. but in some places this is not possible.

the thing is, i have bought tome heavy duty redidrivas for cavity walls. but they have not come with any instructions on how to use them.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=16461&id=12635

does anybody know how to use them?

any help would be much appreciated. :D

Sponsored Links
First lt, you will have to hold up the cabinet in postion to drill small pilot holes for the siting of the redeyes,move the toggle at the bottom from the90% position to 180% wind in scew to hold it into place.
Drill hole the same size as the bottom end of the redeye at the postion of the pilot hole ,wind in redeye into hole and remove screw ,the toggle will then release back to the 90% position,ready for you to fix you're cabinet too :)

Sponsored Links
Personally I wouldn't hang kitchen cabinets this way - I doubt any competent kitchen fitter or joiner would, either. You are asking a 3/8in (10mm) piece of plaster board with a couple of "nails" to hold potentially upwards of 50kg - a recipe for disaster. Rather I'd run a steel cabinet hanging rail or aluminium hanging rail (more expensive, but easier to cut) across the wall with the holding screws driven into the studs. How do you find the studs - "feel" for them with an awl. As the pinprick holes will be behind the cabs they won't be visible. All the cabs need to be screwed together with cabinet connectors and if you envisage a lot of weight I'd suggest using extra angle brackets screwed beneath the bottom edges of the cabinets "L"-fashion to give added support. That way you won't needo worry about whether or not the Royal Crown Derby or whatever is going to come off the wall

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back