Fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently relishing the opportunity of installing a double storey staircase.

Straight flite on to continous double winder terminating on a landing that isn't present then another straight flite onto another continous double winder onto a landing which "you guessed it" isn't there, it's a bit of a headache.

My question is....the property is one those thrown up in 5 minute new builds, all the walls are Dot and Dab onto Celcon Block.

Fixing Stair Strings to Celcons

I have tried Fischer Frame Fixings, they pull up then spin out. I tried traditional plug and screw, waste of time, I'm now onto Masonary Screws, drilling a 5mm hole into celcons and letting them self cut, but they are spinning aswell.

Run out of ideas - anyone please?

Sponsored Links
In my house, anything substantial has to go up with chemical fixings and studding.
Everything else just falls out!

Sponsored Links
I am currently relishing the opportunity of installing a double storey staircase.

Straight flite on to continous double winder terminating on a landing that isn't present then another straight flite onto another continous double winder onto a landing which "you guessed it" isn't there, it's a bit of a headache.

My question is....the property is one those thrown up in 5 minute new builds, all the walls are Dot and Dab onto Celcon Block.

Fixing Stair Strings to Celcons

I have tried Fischer Frame Fixings, they pull up then spin out. I tried traditional plug and screw, waste of time, I'm now onto Masonary Screws, drilling a 5mm hole into celcons and letting them self cut, but they are spinning aswell.

Run out of ideas - anyone please?
Correct fixings required , this is one of many which hold in lightweight blocks , when I needed to bolt timber to them for roof I used threaded rod right thru .
Threaded rod also worked for wall hung toilet to blocks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back