Flaking Paint??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a smashin decorator, he's not long finished my sons room - great job again.

I asked him about an area of flaking paint we have in a down stairs cupboard.

He used a term along the lines of fluessence(??), saying it was some kind of reaction between the wall and the paint.

He told me how to treat it and now I can't remember - does it sound familar to anyone here?

Thanks

Janice

Sponsored Links
It's salts out of the wall caused by damp or leaking pipes. Have you had a problem down there before?

Sponsored Links
Oddly enough Joe when we moved in there was a dodgy smell in that cupboard, but we thought it was the old the old carpet in there, so we tossed it, but the smell persisted.

Then we got gas put into the house, and the day the workmen came and started drilling we found out the cause of the smell. A drain had blocked and the water was collecting underneath our house.

The drain was fixed and the water was pumped away, and it seems to have been fine ever since.

The house is nearly 40yrs old and other than this small area of that one cupboard, theres no dampness in the house.

I was told to scrape off the flakes and paint the wall with some treatment or other but I can't remember what it was called.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back