Flash and forum use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just in the process of setting up a PC with Windows 7 up to now I have only used up to Vista.

With my Vista laptop when viewing websites specialty forums flash crashes and as a result I have to close Firefox and reopen. So when my new PC says I need to install a flash player I wonder should I say no?

I removed flash content from my own website years ago when I found Apple devices had a problem and surprised any one still uses it?

Sponsored Links
Despite the focus of interactive website content moving to HTML5 many websites still use Flash. I would recommend not installing and then seeing which websites are affected.

Chrome has it's own flash player built in so this may remove the requirement anyway.

I have Adobe flash on wins 8 and 7, had it as far back as can recall - never a problem - no big deal to install / uninstall.

-0-

Sponsored Links
If you feel you have to install Flash, only download it from the Adobe website.. Don't whatever you do, click links (which can potentially lead to rogue sites and possible infections with malware/viruses) ;) ;)

I'd recommend switching to Chrome.

Unfortunately there's still a tiny bit of flash content out there - although most sites do use HTML5/CSS3 and Javascript to deliver rich experiences that work across most platforms natively.

Also, most video players no longer use Flash too.

No-one I know in the industry develops with Flash any more and haven't done for years (maybe Flex, but that's different) - so there's a question of "if this thing is built in flash, is it up to date and worthwhile? is there a better alternative out there on another website?".

Back