Flash Upgrading Texecom Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite following what it says in the PDF ie power down the panel - disconnect all from the comm ports
When flashing via the port (pin1 in the right orientation) it failed to flash and the panel deadish - The power was applied once the USB Jac001 was in place and set to prog.

with no power on the panel - everything unplugged and battery connected - the tx light flashes and then goes off?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The usb lead plugs into pc/laptop and to the flasher unit, the flasher unit is fixed to the flasher pins, red line lined up with the arrow (all comports removed).

start the flasher and follow the on screen prompts, switch to prog and press reset, follow on screen prompts, do not disturb the unit its a slow process.

when finished,should be prompted to switch to run and press rest panel should power up, then do a load defaults and re inject into the panel

Thanks for your reply, this is the process I did, I wonder if something has caught or something gone wrong during the flash process, as there is now nothing on the board. So back to tech support, i've only just replaced it for a CIE error and as it was new wanted to upgrade the firmware.
They say disconnect the comm ports what shouldnt need to be disconnected? Network? Siren?
thanks for your help. a while ago we went through a similar process and you replied then as well so thanks for your reply again.

Well I can talk you through this if you wish, the panel is still currently salvageable from what you have said.

just check its all correct (dont believe it was based on outcome).
then start the process again, it should bounce back once complete

CIE fault repeatedly is usually spike affecting the processor so you can usually replicate this but down powering and powering back up very quickly, there are other causes.

Sponsored Links
Hi there
sorry the last panel has now gone back with the CIE error so that is out of the equasion. This panel is the replacement - being new I thought i would upgrade the firmware.

This panel is dead by the looks when applying the power - Ive checked the fuses. Holding default when powering on the power and kickstart.

The CIE was just a comment on the previous panel since you mentioned it.

The new panel should still be recoverable.
I have seen the panel look dead but giving it another proper flash will Almost certainly bring it back to life, so check everything is correct before starting the flasher program.

If you still struggling take pictures of the flash connection, the com ports and (check the comports are programmed off to be on the safe side) wyou wont have been able to do that bit but if your flashing a panel with the flasher I always check they are programmed off as well as disconnected.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back