United Kingdom
Please ca someone help me :evil:

I have a hotpoint Aquarus and lights keep flashing,

Light 1 Wash Enhance
Light 2 Reduced Crease
Light 3 Rinse Hold
Light 4 Mini Load
Final Spin & On/Off

I would br very great full if someone could help me.

Sponsored Links
all these lights flash at once :?: .poss not spin light as well

Sponsored Links
I had one of these machines and ALL lights were flashing and I was unable to select any program, I took the main PCB module out and had a look at it. I noticed one of the Capacitors on the board was bulging, hence it was blown, I de-soldered it from the board, I purchased a 680uF 10V 105C capacitor from ebay for a grand total of £1.29(for 5), replaced the blown one on the board, and that was 6 mths ago, and its still going strong. Aparently mass produced boards are built using cheap components, and replacing this capacitor was very simple for DIY repair.
Good Luck

Hi Greeniejim

I have exactly the same problem...except that all 3 of the capacitors (the small ones have blown). How did you work out that you needed that size of capacitor (680uF 10v 105C)? The numbers on the outside of my blown capacitors don't seem to mean much...or do they? Any help would be much appreciated
Chris

ChrisBHS

The boards that these posts refer to are not the same as yours.

These relate to a power regulation fault and a capacitor (C17) on these particular boards failing/going low in value and not blowing very visibly. There are several threads about this in the archive.

Hi Leccy 758
Thanks for this. I have duplicated this thread elsewher on my own thread. Can we continue on that one?
Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back