Flat conversion EPCs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am nearing completion of my 3 flat conversion which has all been undertaken to full planning permission and building regs approval.

One of the BCO's conditions is 'On completion - Energy Performance Certificates', along with sound tests and some beam calcs, etc.

Having researched the EPC bit online I find various assessments and certificates available going under the titles of SAP, TER, DER, and of course EPC.

Am I safe to assume that all they want is an EPC for each flat when all is done and dusted?

Do I need or should I have all the other stuff as well?

Yes, I know I can ask the BCO but I would like to be able to argue the point if necessary, hence this question.

Sponsored Links
A sound test pass will be required upon completion.
Did you submit a SAP rating with your application ?
If not you will have to provide one that includes TER+DER
An EPC will also be required.

Yes I know about the sound test requirement, that's all in hand.

SAP has not been asked for by BCO and I'm not aware the SAP was submitted by the architectural technician (nice but dim!) with the drawings. I know I haven't paid for it.

The condition appears to request 'EPC' only so at what point are all these other pieces of paper required and what for? Surely all the BCO needs to know is the as-built performance and it meeting the regs?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the pm.

So I only need to get EPC's, one for each flat. :)

There are minor differences between what is on the drawings and 'as-built', due to discovering differences in construction during the build, so I assume these would need to be marked up on the drawings before any 'desk' assessment.

Thanks

Yes you are correct any amendments to the thermal insulation, window spec or central heating/hot water would need to be included in the final calculation. A copy of the plans with an explanation of what has actually been done will be sufficient.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back