Flat diesel battery- Petrol charger!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope not a stupid question! The battery is flat in the family diesel car. I have a battery charger for my petrol work van. Can i use this charger for a diesel battery?

Go easy on me if it is a stupid question. We only know what we know!

Sponsored Links
Hi, hope not a stupid question! The battery is flat in the family diesel car. I have a battery charger for my petrol work van. Can i use this charger for a diesel battery?

Go easy on me if it is a stupid question. We only know what we know!
LOL ok now you know a little bit more than what you know, a lead acid battery charger will charge any lead acid and gell battery as long as the voltage is set correctly, there is 3 types 6 volts for bikes 12 volts for cars small vans and 24 volts for trucks and buses. the only problem with the charger that you have is that the amps might be lowish so you have to leave it on charge longer, A diesel battery might need 15 hours to fully charge it where as a petrol battery will get away with 8-10 hours.

Bikes [I take it you mean motorcyles] have not used 6 volts for many years, now all 12volt systems.

Sponsored Links
Bikes [I take it you mean motorcyles] have not used 6 volts for many years, now all 12volt systems.
Early MG b's used two 6volt batterys one under each rear seat.
They were wired in series to give 12volts.

Wotan

Back