Car battery charger problems

All good quality chargers need power from the battery to ensure you have the leads on correctly (not crossed)

Some cheaper ones may not have this safe guard and will blow the fuse in the front cover if you connect up incorrectly

Sealey or Draper Chargers will be OK

Try http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-Battery-Charger-12V-230V/dp/B000RA0YYU

Or E-Bay for the above chargers

I hope this is of some help

Thanks and this looks good.

But, is this a charger that does not require a residual voltage to start charging and how can you tell by looking at the description as I can't?

James EB

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to pick up an old secondhand charger from ebay or a boot sale, you should get one for very little money and the chances are it won't be electronic.

Peter

Sponsored Links
I would be inclined to pick up an old secondhand charger from ebay or a boot sale, you should get one for very little money and the chances are it won't be electronic.

Peter
Yes exactly right, one that sparks when terminal clips ars brushed together, handy for checking bulbs too :LOL:

Wotan

Peter

I did suggest this but James wants a smart charger.

Peter

I did suggest this but James wants a smart charger.
Smart charger = backwards progerss, modern technology is not always the best.

Wotan
Yep do agree that not all modern tech is good.

Sponsored Links
Back