Flat door entry intercom fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some help on a faulty door intercom if possible

I have an STR HT30003/2

When anyone buzzes the door there is no alarm

I've removed the back and not sure if the green wire is meant to be attached or if it's for something else that isn't required. I guess it may be for the buzzer but can't see where it should attach to or find anything online?

I am looking to replace with a universal one if possible (Fermax 3431) that does list STR on the list of compatibility but not sure if with my model

I'm guessing the fault may be at the other end though (main door).

Thanks in advance for any help

thumbnail_IMG_1968.jpg

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 13.32.29.png

Sponsored Links
Can you post another picture of the handset with the full handset in …..it looks ok at the moment as most handsets are 4+1 systems
4 common wires plus one for the buzzer ….get someone to hold the button in downstairs while you feel the metal buzzer ( I’ve seen they stick and not buzz…

Still available …

Attachments

• AB85A485-4057-4266-82B5-DFEC7A6DE2CC.png
    AB85A485-4057-4266-82B5-DFEC7A6DE2CC.png
    614.8 KB · Views: 61
Below is another image showing the wiring. Seems I have more wires and just wondered if the green one was meant to be attached. It looks attached in the picture bit is just loose.

I'll see if It is the buzzer not working too and at least I can get a replacement it seems. I think it's almost 20 years old

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1967.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1967.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
S ….Terminal the red wire is the call wire ….so no it’s probably the spare one ..post a picture of the entry panel

Thanks.
I'm there in a few days but it's just a big grid of buttons at the front door. There are about 18 flats using the entry system.
I've already bought a Fermax 3431 to replace so may just see if I can work out the wiring to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back