Flat metal 'loops' for hanging radiator cabinets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've had some radiator cabinets made to order but I'm struggling to find the fixings I need to fasten them to the walls. In the past when I've bought off the shelf cabinets, they have had a very specific type of fixings in the pack that I just can't seem to find anywhere. They have an L-shaped bracket that attaches to the top of the cabinet, with a sort of flat metal 'loop' that screws onto the wall with two screws (basically, almost a flat bar with just a tiny raised kink in the middle). The L-shaped bracket simply hooks over the loop to stop the relatively stable cabinet falling forward, but means its super easy to remove to alter the thermostat or bleed the rad. I've thought about other options but no matter what I try, this still seems to be the ideal solution. French cleats are no good as the rads are really close to the wall, and the cabinets very close to the rads, I've tried various cupboard catches and mag catches but they aren't strong enough and keep popping open, concealed mirror fixings are no good because we don't have two flat surfaces, and I can't just screw to the wall as we have thermostatic valves so need to be able to take them off easily to adjust the temp from time to time. These brackets obviously exist as i've seen them loads of times, but I just have no idea where to find them! The L'shaped bit is easily dealt with, but the loop seems like an impossible dream. Anyone got any idea where I could find something like that?
(Before anyone says to ask the cabinet maker, I can't as they messed up the cabinets a bit and I'm having a bit of a dispute with them about it so I don't think they would be very happy to help!)

Sponsored Links
Are you aware of how much radiator cabinets reduce the heat output of your radiators, and how much more it will cost you to run your heating as a result? Radiator cabinets inhibit air circulation throught your radiator and also absorb a portion of the heat emitted, so you end up running your system for longer.

My advice? Forget finding brackets for your cabinets and do away with them instead

Thanks for the advice. Fully aware of that thanks, but our house is extremely well insulated, all the rads are on internal walls so we have reduced heat loss through walls, and also, we have a small baby about to crawl who I don't really want to burn himself, so more than happy to take the risk. I'm afraid I do prefer style to substance when it comes to interior decor.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the recommendation on the Keku fixings. I'd looked at them, but I'm not sure if they would be easily removable? It looks as though they clip in place, and I won't be able to get to them to unclip them to remove the cabinet. Am I wrong?

This may be more self explanetory......
Google Issac Lord
Under cabinet fittings, go to assembly fittings and then look for Flush Mounts - which is a two part interlocking fitting, one piece on the wall, one on your cabinet. So long as you can lift the cabinet 50mm vertically these will do fine.
John :)

You can put a screw on the underside , leave head protruding 10mm , then fix a screw eye into wall and drop cabinet onto eye so screw drops into the eye.Simple and effective. Or an L bracket on underside so it clips behind rad when lifted on.

You can put a screw on the underside , leave head protruding 10mm , then fix a screw eye into wall and drop cabinet onto eye so screw drops into the eye.Simple and effective. Or an L bracket on underside so it clips behind rad when lifted on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back