Flat roof advice re some pooling and laying decking

some pooling isn't inevitable, there shouldn't be any. there should be enough fall to overcome minor deviations in the deck surface.

As the last week went on and the rain came down, not to mention my 20 second checks with a spirit level, I agree.

Sponsored Links
Before you lay your decking why don't you put a big sheet of thick gauge membrane on top of the joists so that the water runs in between the decking and along the sags of the membrane to the gutter part of the roof? Might just keep the water off the saggy bits and give you a bit better peace of mind.

Before you lay your decking why don't you put a big sheet of thick gauge membrane on top of the joists so that the water runs in between the decking and along the sags of the membrane to the gutter part of the roof? Might just keep the water off the saggy bits and give you a bit better peace of mind.

A good suggestion and something I gave some thought to. However the membrane would have to cover the whole area of decking for this to work and the 3 outer edges (all edges excl the gutter end) of the area under the decking would be difficult to seal. Water is likely to find it's way off the membrane at one of the edges and would pool.

I have chosen to screed the problem area with levelling compound. Going to paint the screed over with this

http://www.screwfix.com/p/thompsons-10-year-roof-seal-black-4ltr/73091

Might finish it with bitumous paint too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back