Flat roof drip edge replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would welcome some advice - I'm planning to replace my fibreglass flat roof drip edge and around 12'' of OSB board as over the last 10 years water has started to pool and not completely drain into the gutter. It looks like the OSB board has warped and curled upwards at the drip edge causing pooling. Is it feasible to replace around 12'' of OSB board by cutting the old board away then replacing with new 12'' board then adding fibreglass with a join to the old fibreglass at the 12'' joint line?

Sponsored Links
Hi Catlad - could you let me know reasons why you wouldn't do that?

Well are you planning to cut 12" off your roof at the drip edge and replace it?

Sponsored Links
I would use a circular saw to cut through the fibreglass and OSB at the 12'' joint line (but not through the joists)

1 - Remove existing 12'' OSB / fibreglass
2 - Add new 12'' OSB and new drip profile
3 - Sand down existing fibreglass at 12'' joint line
4 - Apply fibreglass joining tape at joint
5 - Apply resin and fibreglass CSM from 12'' joint line to drip channel
6 - Sandown and topcoat complete roof surface (existing and new 12'' section)

Does that sound feasible?

Yes it sounds feasible but my question is why and why wait until the middle of November to start this job?

Hi Catlad - many thanks for your reply. I won’t start this job until the weather warms up some time next year. I don’t have any leaks just want to get rid of pooling which is more visible this time of year so it can wait until then

Well I would fill and fibreglass if I were you rather than cut into the roof.

You could use strips of matting and resin once its been sanded and primed, if its deep put 2 layers of matting etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back