Flat roof felting quote?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking for a quote from a roofer to let me know what they would charge to re- felt a flat garage roof. I'd like to know what the labour only cost would be, and a quote for labour + materials.

The size is 5.8m x 3.4m
Am i correct that materials would include felt, underlay felt, new facia board?

Sponsored Links
Why do you want labour and labour and materials seperately?

If it goes tits up in years to come your guarantee will be worthless as you supplied the materials.

Because i wanted to know how much was in the materials and how much of it was labour. if its 800 labour and 100 materials i'd rather leave the guarantee and do it myself or pay someone who works for a roofer to do a foreigner

Go to a roofing suppliers and get a quote then???

How can you possibly expect a realistic or accurate quote from a forum?

How big is the fascia? Soffits? Any abutments to other buildings?

Final question, why not get a few roofers round for quotes?

Sponsored Links
Was a simple question to get an idea of cost to see what it would cost all in then. how much for a roof 5.8m x 3.4m with felt and underlay provided. Already got facia that was £16 per 5m length. I can get the WBP play to just not happy to put the felt and underlay on so it's a price for that

Fascia....£16 for 5 mts? lol.....What depth was the fascia??

Back to your original question on how much for the roof......Are the measurements you gave of 5.8 x 3.4 flat deck level measurements?? Have you gave enough for overhangs into the gutter and upstands??

Yes £16 per 5m length i've done 3 houses using this stuff and it's the local supplier for the surrounding towns, great prices on all PVCU products. Its 200mm x 18mm x 5m with a 40mm return (L shape) Soffit is much less to 10mm thick x 5m

The measurements are deck level measurements yes, not allowing for the small overhang as i presumed this is only needed for an accurate quote and isnt really going to take up ex rolls or anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back