flat roof ext to join 1yr old flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, got a bit of a head scratcher. Currently doing an extension which will have a flat roof which is to join to another flat roof extension. The existing roof was only done a year ago. I know how to lay felt, but how do i go about merging the to felt roofs together, how would i join the felt roofs. the existing is normal style, facia with felt over hanging. Do i bend the existing felt up and over lap it onto the new structure and then over lap my new roof felt onto that, or is it simple and i'm making hard work for myself. I know how to build the roof and join it, it is just the joining of the felts thats got me stumped. Any comments will be greatfuly received.

Sponsored Links
mmmmmmmmmmm,

no

Geuss its somthing i'll come across again so i would like to tackle it my self idealy, but great tip any how :confused:

What if i was to do the new flat roof as normal, but to bond the two roofs maybe put a three layer strip overlapping them. What do you think

Sponsored Links
dean, all due respect and all that. i've been in the trade 24+ years. there are a lot of jobs i would tackle and a few i wouldn't touch with a pole.

flat roofing is one of them. i have seen it done and been involved a few times and could do it myself. but it just ain't cost effective to do it yourself.

why you want to be messing around with all that hot pitch is beyond me.

anyway, what you have suggested sounds ok. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back