flat roof leak, soaking through felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

got an external garage whos roof has been constructed pretty badly with the last roof joist sitting slightly higher then the others. Theres no real slope for the roof and it was leaking for as long as i can remember, now i removed the old cheap felt and flashing, put down some of that wickes complete roof rubbish including underlay and capsheet and just before the drain out there is a dip where the water sits.

I have covered this in bitumen to try and channel the water and provide more protection but the water just sort of drains through the felt as if its a sieve. Im thinking of just adding more layers of felt however would like to know what the best course of action would be before taking it all off and creating a proper slop via the joists.

Just to clarify, the problem is where the water is sitting, it just soaks through the felt, there are no gaps or holes but it merely soaks through

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back