Flat roof meets gutter challenge - photo included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I'm getting water dripping down behind the gutter where it meets the flat roof. |See pic below. The water ends up running down the fascia and onto the tiles. Anyone have any good solutions for a temp DIY fix for this. It looks like it drips down both on the side and at the end where that ridge doesn't quite make it to the end of the flat roof.

Some sort of insert between roof and gutter maybe? thanks :)

Attachments

• Roof Photo.jpg
    Roof Photo.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 364
Sponsored Links
Hello - I'm getting water dripping down behind the gutter where it meets the flat roof. |See pic below. The water ends up running down the fascia and onto the tiles. Anyone have any good solutions for a temp DIY fix for this. It looks like it drips down both on the side and at the end where that ridge doesn't quite make it to the end of the flat roof.

Some sort of insert between roof and gutter maybe? thanks :)
The drip who built that roof neglected to fit...er...a drip. Proper bodge. I'd try and ease out the drip flashing then raise the gutter up so that it collects the drip. You'll probably end up breaking the corner joint to do this.

A section of plastic damp proof membrane , siiped under the felt and into the gutter would do it. You may need to lower the gutter down, to get it in place.

Sponsored Links
That sounds a bit easier for a quick fix. Had a look and they also sell something called FlashBand Tape which I'll also look at.
cheers :)

That sounds a bit easier for a quick fix. Had a look and they also sell something called FlashBand Tape which I'll also look at.
cheers :)
I think may find Flashband will not stick and seal onto the rough surface of roofing felt too well. What ever you use as a temporary fix, it needs to be slipped under the felt.

Dpc will curl in time. We have used aluminium strip from a local sheet metal engineers cut to size and slipped behind the felt secured with screws.. easy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back