Water dripping from fascia board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of finishing a single storey, flat roof extension. I've noticed that, on a rainy day like today, some rain water gathers on the fascia boards at the far end and drips down. Some of this landing on the external window sill and is audible inside the extension.

The guttering is on the right hand side of the extension, as the roof 'fall' goes that way. There is no guttering on the side where water is gathering on the fascia.

PXL_20221117_120636345.jpg

PXL_20221117_124921220.jpg

It looks like the drips are from rainwater landing on the fascia, 'sticking' to it and then dripping down and then off, it doesn't look to be coming over from the roof itself. I may be wrong with that.

I wondered if installing guttering along that edge above the window, which joins with the guttering to the right, might help? Not sure if that's the done thing, but the fascias under the guttering on the side look dry as they are sheltered.

Apologies for the quality of pics, it really is a grim day! Basically, is there anything that can be done to stop the water gathering/dripping off the fascias? I have a feeling it might get annoying when we start using the extension!

Sponsored Links
Given the works are complete, would something like this maybe do (attached to the fascia above the door) the water would then be collected in the channel and would drip to the left and right of the door. Serving the same sort of purpose that drip channels used to do above car doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back