Water leaking in from upstairs window recess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've woken up this morning to find water heavily dripping inside, it is coming from the window recess in my son's room. We had the fascias and gutter replaced about 2 months ago. Before I go back and complain, is it likely to be the roof or the gutters/fascias. Any help or advice will much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi Stuart,

try and get a picture uploaded so we can see the problem.

In thisweather its more likely the amount of ice built up in your gutters, causing the water to overflow against the fascias, possibly over the top of them and then down onto and over your soffits and above your window.

Any other damp elsewhere?

Thanks for the response, I've uploaded some photo's but it's a bit difficult to see now it's stopped leaking. There is no other damp patches around, but I have noticed a slight yellow patch on the underneath of the soffit board, however I would have thought that if water was behind the board it would probably be bowed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back