Flat roof, sheeted out, now what....More money....lol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, so my garage come workshop on a shoe string budget is continuing to make me even poorer than when I started!

I have used some OSB3 board for the roof and am now ready to cover/felt it...

Now, bearing in mind I have an 8 year old wooden shed with a piece of wood and a single skin of the thinnest felt ever produced in the world on it and its dry....I was amazed at all the roofing felt thats available but also the need for underlay!

Yes I want the roof to last 5 years or so but do I really need to lay an underlay under the felt?
I have been given a 25ltr drum of felt adhesive and thought I could slap that on the wood, roll out some felt and jobs a good un.

If I bought the cheapest felt, I can see an underlay would help with longevity but if I used a better quality one, I was hoping no to. OR. is it like laying carpet...a good quality carpet, you use a good quality underlay and get a great job. Cheap carpet you stick down, lasts a year or so and you pull it up and lay a new one!

Any way...what would you guys recommend? Its a 6x5 roof ( ish ) on a timber framed workshop come garage, slowly being built as and when money is available but needs to be finished soon.
TIA.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back