Flat roof type Qu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone confirm what roof type this is?
I'm assuming Asphalt but a neighbour has commented the lines could be overlaps of felt.

I have quite a few hairline cracks so looking to treat with a sealer but i also want to UV protect it.
Does solar sealant also fill in hairline cracks... if not, can you paint over products such as Black Jack sealer with Solar reflective paint.

Any recommendation?

Many thanks,

Attachments

• 20200507_153610.jpg
    20200507_153610.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 216
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can someone confirm what roof type this is?
I'm assuming Asphalt but a neighbour has commented the lines could be overlaps of felt.

I have quite a few hairline cracks so looking to treat with a sealer but i also want to UV protect it.
Does solar sealant also fill in hairline cracks... if not, can you paint over products such as Black Jack sealer with Solar reflective paint.

Any recommendation?

Many thanks,
It looks like the original solar reflective coating has worn away.
After you have treated any cracks you can repaint the roof with bitumen based solar reflective paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back