Flat roof protection - what do I use?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a flat roof which is mastic asphalt painted with a solar reflective paint. I sometimes go onto the roof to sit in the sun! I have noticed though that the chair legs make a very small dint in the roof. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening? Maybe some sort of material to place down when I do sit on a chair on the roof.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Some not too heavy patio slabs, or short lengths of deckboard to spread the load. Should you really be walking about on this roof?

Promenade tiles bonded with PU are the correct solution, or Spartan tiles bonded in bitumen.

You do not say what type of asphalt, so i will assume 988 grade, Re solaflect exposed areas after tiling to prolong life.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help guys. I am thinking of getting promenade tiles and have got a quote from the person that layed the asphalt down. He advised £60 per square metre.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks.

£60 per square metre.

Tile cost is about £22 M2, a few bottles of PU adhesive, say £30 M2 materials. We pay £5 a M2 to our asphalters. If its only a small area, he needs to make it pay a days wages, so probably fair price. Without seeing it, its all guesswork.

Hi Xenon, thanks for your advice.

Heres a link to a pic of the roof when it was redone.

DSC00044.jpg
[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back