Flat Roof - Whats happened here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had our loft converted and part of that was covered by a flat roof. I dont think this has been caused by the warmer weather but today i see this on the edge of the flat roof. Does anyone know what the problem is and will it effect the roof in any way? The roof has been in place since February.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Could it be ladder marks? maybe the ladders were scraped against the welt on a hot day?

there was scaffold up so i dont recall ladders ever being used, mind you its pretty high up so i doubt you'd want ladders up there anyhow.

Looks like the felt has been over heated or something ?

Sponsored Links
If it was an expensive job I wouldn't be happy with it. One day you will sell and one day a surveyor will pick it up and the buyer will want money off.

well it was part of a bigger job however it was not inexpensive in the slightest therefore i am going to take it up with the guy as i think that, even if it does not effect the functioning of the roof, it looks crap.

That is a monster size for the edge depth (150mm ?), and is a very poor detail with no drip at all.

It's either been stretch and over-heated on application or has been subsequently heated by the sun - possibly due to its depth being too deep and this had caused the mineral surface to detach and run down.

This will get worse and spilt in the short term

I would get the contractor back to sort out a proper drip and reduce the depth of edge return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back