Flat top roof maintenance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope the picture make sense – but that is a kind of extension to the ground floor and wondering if any type of maintenance is required to the top.

As per pics taken, we can see that there is some grass / weeds growing and wondering if that should be sprayed with weed killer so to avoid further growth and damage to that flat roof material.

Many thanks,

Attachments

• 20200328_124241_resized.jpg
    20200328_124241_resized.jpg
    940.4 KB · Views: 187
  • 20200328_124254_resized.jpg
    20200328_124254_resized.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
  • 20200328_124302_resized.jpg
    20200328_124302_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
Hi Jeremy, weed killer is fine to tidy up the unwanted growth. Have you any issues other than that ie leaking?

Sponsored Links
from what i see, the only work required is strip up and refelt..its past its sell by date

Yes this was my concern that at some point that might need to be taken care off. but I guess as long as no leaks, then we are fine?

Hi Jeremy, weed killer is fine to tidy up the unwanted growth. Have you any issues other than that ie leaking?

Yes that was my thinking as additional growth could damage the surface which means leaks. So far so good. no Issue, no leaks - just want to help to maintain it that way if we can.

That looks like sedum, perhaps an attempt by a previous owner to grow a "green roof"?
it could be - i had thought about growing some plant there, but worry that the surface is not suitable for it and in the long run, could lead to damaging the flat roof surface

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back