Flatscreen TV into chimney breast wall above fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience of fitting or paid professionals to install the cabling above the fireplace in the chimney breast wall for a flatscreen TV?

Basically im curious which wires/cables are recommended and what methods they use...any clues?

Mike

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Ive just done the same thing in my house for my plasma

Basically i fit a socket for the TV and run a HDMI and VDI cable for my HD box and HD dvd player also a coaxial digital lead for the digital sound

the wall brackets have enough clearence for a single 13A outlet and in the wall i ran some oval conduit buried under the plaster work so it looks neat

i bought this wall bracket from Maplins and its great value and build quality http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48861&criteria=tv bracket&doy=6m10

thanks

but whats oval conduit?...searching google

edit....spotted

yeah its either that or something like insulated duct

main concern im wondering about as im selling the place, i should really put all necessary cables in so people wont have to worry about getting acces if they cables that i didnt already have...am i even making sense :)

hybridlab said:
main concern im wondering about as im selling the place, i should really put all necessary cables in so people wont have to worry about getting acces if they cables that i didnt already have...am i even making sense :)

I'd fit the widest conduit i could get away with and put a few draw-ropes in. Maybe fit 3 or 4 smaller conduits instead, all with 2 draw ropes. Plenty of expansion then. Its possible to buy scart cable without the connectors on the end - you just solder the ends on, its a bit more work, and a bit skilled, but this is what had to be done! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back