Flattening garden and laying artificial grass

Yes just use the coarsest sand you can get. No need for a membrane between sub base and sand.

Sponsored Links
Finished laying the artificial grass, attached are a few photos. i've laid around 60-70mm of sub-base on geo-textile material. Compacted it down then 20-30mm of sharp sand also compacted down and then finally the grass on top

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_131742.jpg
    IMG_20170312_131742.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20170312_131747.jpg
    IMG_20170312_131747.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looks good (y)

Which grass is it?

It's a very high density 40mm pile height grass from a company called cheapgrass.co.uk the grass model I went with is called Sydney. They advertise it at £20p/m2 but if buying large amount they give discount. They gave it to me at £17/m2 and threw in the jointing tape and adhesive too with free next day delivery.

Once you grow the weeds out and have had Green Thumb round a time or two, it'll look great.:mrgreen:

How do you stop nature wanting to do her bit with the grass? If that were say a gravel or block paved drive, you would have weeds etc growing INTO it within a few seasons? Especially the areas on the peripheries or those areas that experience the least traffic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back