Flex 20 SMS

ZNK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Another Galaxy Flex question, have the GSM module, only want it to text me events but I cant seem to get it to work. Have a working sim card in then;

56.5.17, added the number.

Used 56.5.8 and tested, no text, even tried trigger the alarm but it won't send anything.

Do I need to set SIA or such to choose what format it sends on?

Sponsored Links
Have you programmed the message centre number associated with your SIM card vendor ?

hello

No, no message center no. programmed. Is it required? I just want to get a text on events and possibly set and unset in the future.

I thought it could send text only without pstn / service, gsm module only...

It is required and isn't using PSTN (old unreliable TAP). The GSM module needs to know which message center number is used with your SIM. This is added to option 56.5.17.2

They will be specific to your country and mobile provider.

Something like this for Sweden. You need to verify your provider:

Sweden
Comviq Sweden +46-707990001
Comviq Sweden +46-707990002
Comviq Sweden +46-707990003
Comviq Sweden +46-707773078
Europolitan Sweden +46-708000708
Telia Sweden +46-705008999

Sponsored Links
...ah you are clever. How you find those for sweden...

You dont need the +46, right? I dont think I ever came across that (+) other than under discriptions.

Ok, thanks once more, will try tomorrow when i am at the set-up.

This depends on the telephone operators in Sweden. In the UK, the 44 country code is required. Have a look on your SIM providers site to see what SMSC number to use with their SIM card.

From the manual:

2=Centre No.
The phone number (22 digits max.) of the SMS centre. Each operator has a different number. Always use the full telephone number including the country code for the centre number. Start the number with a * in place of the zero.

Odd,

Did not get it to work in the end, took out the sim and it wont text at all anymore (with a mobile).

Took it back to the shop, could not figure out what had happened either. So they replaced it.

Got back worked fine in a mobile, put it in, tried... No go again. Took it out and ... Guess what it wont text anymore either. It receives but wont send, seems like my honeywell gsm sender is eating sim cards ???

Strange. Sounds like it's overwriting the smsc on the SIM card. I wouldn't have thought that the panel would need to touch that.

When you put the SIM into the phone dial the following and look at the phone info to see what the SMSC is set to. You may be able to reset it to get it working too.

*#*#4636#*#*

On my Galaxy phone, I have to select the 'Refresh' button at the SMSC entry in order to see what's being used from the SIM card. I can then enter a new one and select update if I wish. Here in the UK, the Vodafone number given on my Galaxy phone is 0791447758100650 (this is PDU format for +447785016005).

Anyway, interested to see what's in there now. Did you definitely get the correct message center number ? It would have been good to see what was on the SIM before you added it to the module...

Hello

You where absolutely right, It hard writes in the wrong SMSC number in (from the PCB/GSM sender), My phone is to stupid so it only sees what was in there before so I cannot see what the flex writes in.

But it also means I got it wrong in the central... which is good new I guess. Now its just a matter of trian and error.

...Played around a bit (with a mobile)
+46705008999 works
0046705008999 does not ...

Now ... how do I write + in a galaxy flex?

Hello

Got it, as said above;

Thanks a lot!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back