Flexi-hoses?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am removing a bath and am having trouble undoing the connections on the 22mm pipe feeds due to the bath being fitted very close to the wall (plaster & rendering chipped away). I am sure I will get them undone but when I come to fit the new bath I was wondering if flexi hoses were the things to go for. they could be fitted before bath is in place with the other ends easier to get at. My only concern is that the 22mm flexi hoses seem to have an internal dia of about 10-12mm, as the water pressure in the house is not that good will I notice the difference in pressure at the tap?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
restricting any pipe on gravity from 22mm to about 15mm bore will notice.
try one before you fit the new bath in place.

I am removing a bath and am having trouble undoing the connections on the 22mm pipe feeds due to the bath being fitted very close to the wall (plaster & rendering chipped away). I am sure I will get them undone but when I come to fit the new bath I was wondering if flexi hoses were the things to go for. they could be fitted before bath is in place with the other ends easier to get at. My only concern is that the 22mm flexi hoses seem to have an internal dia of about 10-12mm, as the water pressure in the house is not that good will I notice the difference in pressure at the tap?

Thanks

Yep, it will be cr*ap, use tap connectors straight onto copper. simple.

Sponsored Links
Never use flex's, been too to many floods where old ones have perished and burst.

We dont actually know what this fellow has but I have always taken the view that flexible hoses are not likely to be a problem on a gravity system from the pressure point of view.

The restrictions are another matter!

Tony

perhaps I should say perished and leaked, plus they collapse and restict flow rate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back