Flexi tails from stop cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8AA587A0-60AB-48C1-8825-414A16291971.jpeg
5D82B871-3242-4E73-9D45-075460C71080.jpeg
I just replaced a seized stopcock with a lever one. I thought of the idea, as it is the hot tap, of connecting the flexi tails directly to this stopcock instead of bothering with copper pipe. Are there any issues with this or all looks fine?

Photos are attached.

Sponsored Links
This weeks prize for bodge of the month goes to ....Richieduliban !!!!!
The flexis will drop under their own weight ,at the point it joins to the valve.
Will restrict flow ,and could possibly split ,in time ,and cause a flood.
Replace it in rigid copper Richie.

Lol, well I can put the the old piping back.
What if I clipped the flexi tail to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn’t make much difference, still flow restrictions, and you mentioned it’s for a hot supply, so would probably burst at some point.

Well, I have to connect flexi tails at some point. Are you saying that I shouldn’t use flexi tails at all, or I should use it a little bit closer to the tap itself? Please clarify before calling me a bodge.

Well, I have to connect flexi tails at some point. Are you saying that I shouldn’t use flexi tails at all, or I should use it a little bit closer to the tap itself? Please clarify before calling me a bodge.

Why do you think they are made that length. ?
No fookin need to bodge with flexis.... that is what speedfit etc is for !!

You don’t have to, but if you’re going to use the flexi’s, then yes closer to the tap. Not recommended the way you have done it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back