Flexible Hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central Heating (gas). I have taken the old lathes and plaster ceiling down in my cellar. (Victorian terraced house). The existing copper tubes are below the ceiling level. I want to raise up all the tubes into the beams and then plasterboard.

Is it OK to use Flexible Hoses to make some new connections to the existing copper tubes 15mm, 22mm and 28mm. This will make is easier when re-joining.

Is it OK to saw notches out of the beams for the tubes? (Beam size 20cm x 5cm) they are 30cm apart.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
don't use flexi hoses on central heating and behind walls, ceilings etc

where are you planning on notching the beams ? underneath or above.
and whats the span of joist from surport to surport ?

Thanks!
The area of the cellar 3.2mts x 3.8mts, 204 cms high.The notches for the tubes would be on the bottom of the beams. I cannot lower a false ceiling because to cover the tubes it would have to be lowered 11cm. I agree this would be the answer but to get the height I would have to dig out the floor to regain a reasonable room height.
Many thanks for all your suggestions

Sponsored Links
you can't notch bottom of the joists you can only notch the top.
and that depends on the span of the joist surport to surport.
and max depth on a 200mm joist is 25mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back