Shower pump - flexible hose

Most but not all, but then there is isn`t a great deal of water to worry about on the outlet side.

Sponsored Links
Most but not all, but then there is isn`t a great deal of water to worry about on the outlet side.

I was referring to the shower mate. Put one in the other day.
Had to go up and over with the feeds to a second shower and put lever valves in on the outlets as there's "enough" water in the tubes to upset 'some' customers :sneaky:

And it's also annoying that only the inlet hoses have built-in isolators :cautious:
Obviously you don't rely on those shyte plastic isolators Dan?;)
I install lever valves on both inlet/outlet so no reason to touch the plastic shyte..

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the delay and I appreciate the advice.

So let me provide more information (which I should have done in the first place!).
It is an existing system which has been there for a number of years. The additional shower has always struggled, the only way to get it working was turning up the cold fully until the pump triggered or going to the other shower to trigger the switch. The second option appears to be the only one that works recently.

The shower pump (Watermill BD100) has definitely deteriorated and I have recently purchased a Negative ST to replace it. When the Watermill was put in sometime ago the plumber laid 15mm copper across the loft floor. So the configuration is 22mm from the pump to the first shower, tee'd connection then another length of 22mm (approx 1m) and then the rest (in the loft) to the other shower is 15mm - distance is about 10m.

I believe I have a surrey flange in the tank. A question I do have is could it be air at the top of the tank as I the shower is fed by the 'normal' top outlet? I note somebody mentioned air in the system.

Thanks again all.

The resistance created by undersized pipework is cumulative, so even if it reduces at the last moment as it connects to the shower it's still less overall resistance by putting it in 22mm rather than 15mm. Whether it will definitely fix your issue is another matter but it certainly can't hurt and should be easy enough in push-fit for a DIY-er.

I changed to a negative head and it resolves the issue. The furthest shower still is underpowered but works - I have to decide whether to change the 15mm pipe now.

Thank you for all the advice - it really helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back