flexible tap connector attached to bend in copper pipe??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am installing a new bath. Problem is the existing 22mm copper pipe leading to the soldered on cold water connector is in a smooth bend. It is unlikely that I will be able to line up the new bath and mixertaps with the existing copper pipe tails.....I originally intended to cut the existing 22mm cold water pipe and to use flexi connector but I am now worried that a compression fitting (from the flex connector) onto an existing pipe bend is not a good idea. I am not so keen cutting the pipe further down as I would have to do it before the unequal T that also leads to the 15mm feed to the basin/toilet. Any suggestions or experience out there? I attach a diagram of sorts and a pic that seems to have been taken in the dark (look for the left branch). sorry..and thanks

bathtaps.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

Sponsored Links
If it was me I would cut off the unequal Tee and renew from there

If the pipe is wet it will be extremely difficult to unsolder/resolder so assume you will renew in compression.

You could fit a service valve while you're at it which will be handy when rewashering taps etc.

yes. would use compression fittings. I just hate cutting off soldered joints that havent leaked for 20 years! I guessed that connecting a flexible connector to the bend in the pipe might be a bridge too far.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back