Flexible tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tthis new basin mixer has a pair of flexable tap tails. they are only about ten millemetreson the outside diamater. can I reduce the hot and cold supplie pipes down to the same size. it would be for a distence of about 8 foot. the hot is from a combi boler and the cold is from the main. thanks

Sponsored Links
It wont do any harm to reduce down to 10mm hot & cold to supply a basin provided it is from a combi boiler.

I wouldn't do it myself and certainly not on a bath but if its mains fed with a decent pressure then surely it will be okay for an 8ft length on a basin?

The basin in our old house had 15mm supplies and 1/4 turn taps and I had to turn the isolation valves right down to stop water going everywhere!

:)

Sponsored Links
I think it would be best to keep with 15mm for as near to the basin as possible, fit the isolator valves then reduce to 10mm with a compression reducer - but there again, what do I know?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back