flexible tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to replace my bath/shower mixer tap, 'cos the existing one is knackered.
New one will be standard fit, something like this:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...001&langId=-1&catalogId=3701&productId=141415

Looking at the pipework under the bath, it would make my life much easier when fitting the new taps if I could use pushfit flexible tap tails like this: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=86539&id=45149

But - given that this is a foot-long hose with a 13mm bore, am I likely to notice a drop in water pressure for the bath - and especially the shower? Water pressure now is okay but not fantastic - I really wouldn't want it to drop.

Sponsored Links
One of the best fittings ever made :cool:

you can make it on the tap before you fit the bath then just push the end on the pipe :rolleyes:

pressure won't be affected by volume maybe slightly less.

WHat's supplying the hot and the cold water? tank? combi? mains?

Hi Chris - standard hot water system with boiler downstairs in kitchen and hot water tank in airing cupboard on landing; cold tank in loft.
Bathroom is upstairs.

Sponsored Links
SHould be OK with 13mm but here's an alternate one:
13753 3/4" BSP union x 22 mm compression x 30 cm long - 19 mm bore hose £3.64
at bes.ltd.uk

Hope your bath CW is off the tank too or things get complicated ...????

i would hazard a guess that u wont notice the difference, assuming u keep the pipe sizes u have..ie if the hot tap in 22mm get a 3/4 to 22mm flexi

Yep, CW is fed from the tank in the loft, so should be fine.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back