Radiator Brackts for a 1400 x 200mm radiator

Sponsored Links
Take it back to Homebase and ask them the question. The radiator may be faulty or could use some other method of fixing.

#Had a look at your link to B&Q, looks like there should be some form of bracket supplied go back & give'm L

Sponsored Links
you havent managed to chuck em out with the wraping by any chance, some brackets come wrapped in cardboard and can be quite hidden.anyhow id take it back for a refund. but for future reference if you get hold of any old brackets, you can chop them in half to fit the rad brackets at any size.

Cant you just drill a hole right through the middle of it and fix it to the wall like that? ;)

you havent managed to chuck em out with the wraping by any chance, some brackets come wrapped in cardboard and can be quite hidden.anyhow id take it back for a refund. but for future reference if you get hold of any old brackets, you can chop them in half to fit the rad brackets at any size.

Trouble is that the rad has no fixing bars on the rad anyway to use with any brackets. Sounds like a faulty rad

Trouble is that the rad has no fixing bars on the rad anyway to use with any brackets. Sounds like a faulty rad

All these modern stylish ones have a different hanging system now. They have cupped shaped bracket that holds the radiator along the bottom and top bar, thus the fixing bars on the back wouldnt be necessary

Edit: Looking at the photo that wouldnt be possible with this rad anyway. My bad :oops:

Thanks for the replies...

Nothing in the box at all which i thought was strange, no brackets no instructions and no plugs (is that what they are called for the holes either side of top of the radiator)

The back of the radiator has 3 long grooves the entire width but no where for a bracket. Annoyingly it had to be specially orderded and took a month for delivery.

Do you still think its a faulty rad?

If you can post a photo of the back it may shed a little light on it, and a way around of sending it back.

Three long horizontal grooves eh? Could be there should be some kind of wall plate that these grooves hook onto (bit like hanging a kitchen cabinet). Photos of the back (with some closeups of the profile if possible may hold the key to unravelling this)

Have you taken the sides and top grill off - you never know, there may be something in there.

Just done that. Not a sausage.
Well, must admit, I'm at a loss now. Have they a display model in-store which you could look at? Whatever the fixings are, they hold that radiator pretty tight up against the wall from the link picture in your first post.
Real pity there's no instructions with a phone number on it - guess you'll have to go to homebase to get them to call the manufacturer's number (try to get them to give you details of the manufacturer/supplier as well, since I believe you have a right to know anyway, but I may be wrong).

Bit odd that it didn't come with the bleed plugs either. Could be (long shot) that this is a separate parcel which has not been shipped or has been lost in transit.

Sorry I can't be of any further help on this one. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back