Flexible type to extend 3/4" to fit into top of toilet tank now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently seems to be 15mm pipe isoltaion valve conntedted directely to toilet inlet. Assume this is 3/4" screw thread.

Anyway, new toilet is side entry only. What bests approach here? Can I even buy a 3/4" extension like this?

Sponsored Links
Currently seems to be 15mm pipe isoltaion valve conntedted directely to toilet inlet. Assume this is 3/4" screw thread.

Anyway, new toilet is side entry only. What bests approach here? Can I even buy a 3/4" extension like this?

Or cut off the isolation valve and buy a 15mm pushfit to 3/5" screw flexible?

It'll be 1/2", flexi can be used but copper tube is preferable. If using push fit you must cut the tube with a tube cutter, jagged edges left by use of a hacksaw will shred the O ring in a push fit fitting and cause a leak.

It'll be 1/2", flexi can be used but copper tube is preferable. If using push fit you must cut the tube with a tube cutter, jagged edges left by use of a hacksaw will shred the O ring in a push fit fitting and cause a leak.

To be honest I must buy a new cistern. £35 screwfix for bottom entry concealed one. A lot less hassle I think....

Probably should have checked before I bought the one I've got (from Better Bathrooms).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back