Flexicom combi cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
~Hi Guys

I have a Gloworm Flexicom 30 ?fx combi. Just recently it keeps cutting out. I will run hot water or even heating and after about 5 mins it stops. I then reset it

Have noticed when it first fires up it seems to 'grumble' In the panel I will get F1 and reset but mostly F4's

Any ideas whats going wrong with it????

Thanks, sue

Sponsored Links
Its difficult to guess what a "grumble" sounds like.

However these are quite new boilers and should be under the installer's and manufacturer's guarantee.

Probably an undersized gas pipe and incorrect combustion?

Tony

Dont know glow worms or their fault codes, but sounds like an ignition fault, so it is not firing first time and gas is buildingup so when it does fire you get the bang.

Could also be low pressure from the gas meter.

As Tony says these come with a full 12 month warranty and a second year parts only warranty.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Still having problems with my Gloworm Flexicom. A local CORGI came out and said the F4 code was an ignition fault. He replaced the electrode which has stopped the 'banging' when it fires up.

He then ran the hot water and then the heating for 10-15 minutes and the boiler was OK

Well today i'm back to square 1. Again the boiler keeps locking out on fault code F4.

Did this CORGI do any checks at the gas meter?

( Sluggish regulator? )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back